Navigating Communication in this day and age - A personal Newsletter


Disclaimer: This is a long (and partly self-obsessed) piece. Just sit back and relax for 10 minutes and read this.  

Lately, I have been thinking about how to live better and constructively. Even apart from career, work, and relationships, there's so much to figure out, like finances, skincare, haircare, Health, cooking, etc. I have been learning about all these things gradually. Though I am learning, I have not had conversations with peeps around these topics.


Most of my friends live in a different place than mine. Being a person who doesn't use much of Insta or Snap, at times, it becomes difficult to convey to them the circumstances (good or bad) of my otherwise rudimentary existence. And, being an introvert most of my life, I have not been great at sharing exciting stories on calls (individual or group ones). Though sometimes I overuse (>1 hour) Whatsapp and Twitter, I still wouldn't say I like chatting. And mind you, I am not asocial or anti-social; I always have this incessant urge to share stuff, especially cheeky jokes. And I am still looking for a suitable medium/space to share stuff and be more expressive. 



A little bit of a personal (and professional) story:


During my tenure at KPMG, along with work, I had to navigate through the CAT exam and college interviews. Thanks to my friends, I got in touch with these two seniors whom I could trust. They were not in my team per se but were relatively more aware. I used to proactively write and share weekly updates about my work and queries in a summary with them, and they were kind enough to reply with some insights. This way, by counting on them, I could manage my time well with all the pre-MBA stuff and the job.


Even in my childhood, somehow, I kept myself associated with writing here and there. In 7th class, in an attempt to appear cool, I used to scribble funny dialogues on the caricatures of the civics textbook and share them with the back-benchers. I have written letters, short notes, prose, and poems for people who are/were close to me. Recently, I got the chance to manage content for my MBA college Yearbook and create newsletters for my NGO. So, I want to continue writing and hope more good comes out of it. And now, I think it can also serve as an antidote to my predicament of staying connected with friends. 



Okay, you drama queen, but please tell us what you will do.

What I am going to do now is different. 

So, I will be sharing a (sort of) personal newsletter about what/how I am doing/feeling, with a touch of dry humor. This will be primarily on WhatsApp or email.


It will look something like this - 


Last week went by quickly. Some things I did were -


- Read the book 'The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

- Explored Nithin Kamath's new podcast; watched the entire episode on Health

- One old CA friend had come home for two days - he is transitioning from Job to Practice - explored street food with him outside IIMA

- My brother's birthday went by - we ate good cakes

- Went to my father's office for some time - CS there was cursing about Govt. introducing redundant compliances; sir gave me advice on investing in sovereign gold bonds

- Work wise - there was not much in Accenture, but we have been doing really interesting training related to AI, blockchain stuff


---


That's it. 

Hope to share something like this weekly or fortnightly.

And will accompany the text with a pic clicked on my Pixel 7a phone ;) 


Okay Jay! So, what do you expect us to do?


Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

You can read what I share or ignore if you desire.

You can HMU with anything you like or dislike or engage in further conversation by sharing updates on your lives.


Caution Note: 

I am not trying to be preachy or intellectual. If anything, this thing is naïve and stupid. I have never seen someone else doing this. Just that I want to give it a shot. This is also a way to hone my craft of writing. And through this, let's hope we can engage more with each other authentically rather than through fancy Insta stories, desultory snaps, spasmodic tweets, or unimaginative reels.


Reiterating, this is a new experiment. 

I don't know how much or with whom I will share.

I don't know how long I will continue this. 


Anyway, wish me luck. 

Let's see how it goes! 

Hope I get to know more from you peeps :)


Sayonara,


Jeyy

Comments

Popular Posts